struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumou...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: html:base tag and tiles?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:06:23 GMT

  Hello,

  Maybe we can extend / enhance the base tag to provide such behavior.
   An idea is to add an optional attribute "path". If this attribute is
specified, <base> output the root URL of current web application context,
concatenated with  the specified path. If path is set to "" or "/", the <base>
output the root URL of current web application.

  This behavior is interesting when using template, tiles or include. It allows
to specify in a layout the base URL to be used by browsers, independently of
tiles jsp (or layout) locations.

  Is there some objections or comments ?

        Cedric