struts-user mailing list archives

From Stephen.Thomp...@bmwfin.com
Subject RE: URGENT - PLS HELP
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:07:52 GMT
Hello,

Have you tried the following:

companyHome = (CompanyHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(tmpObj,
com.mortgagehub.ejb.CompanyHome.class);

That usually works for me.

Regards,

Stephen.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhaskar Gopalan [mailto:bgopalan@adaptintel.com]
Sent: 13 June 2002 22:15
To: Struts Group (E-mail)
Subject: URGENT - PLS HELP

I know this is not a stutus question, but itz very urgent. Pls help!!

I am  moving EJBs from Visual Age for Java 4.0 to Websphere 4.0 AES. One
servlet contains the following piece of code:
            InitialContext ic = getInitialContext();
            java.lang.Object tmpObj = ic.lookup("Company");
            companyHome =
(CompanyHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow((org.omg.CORBA.Object)tmpObj,
com.mortgagehub.ejb.CompanyHome.class);
            if(companyHome != null)
            {
                company = companyHome.findByPrimaryKey(key);
            }

I am getting the following error in logins.log when I try to login: ""Thu
Jun 13 11:15:43 EDT
2002|member|9999|pinfad81|FAILURE|org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM:
org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: Servant is not of the expected type.  minor code:
0 completed: No|"

All of a sudden the above error has disappeared and I get the following
error:
"Thu Jun 13 17:07:16 EDT
2002|member|9999|pinfad81|FAILURE|java.lang.ClassCastException:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.mortgagehub.ejb._CompanyHome_Stub|"

Can you please tell me what could be the reason for the above two errors?

Thanks,
Bhaskar

For additional commands, e-mail:

Copyright material and/or confidential and/or privileged information may be contained in this
e-mail and any attached documents.  The material and information is intended for the use of
the intended addressee only.  If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible
for delivering it to the intended addressee, you may not copy, disclose, distribute, disseminate
or deliver it to anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner or take or omit to take
any action in reliance on it. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful.   The views expressed
in this e-mail may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator.  If you
receive this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility
in your e-mail software, or contact postmaster@bmwfin.com.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all documents attached immediately.
Many thanks for your co-operation.

BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number
01288537.
Registered Offices : Europa House, Bartley Way, Hook, Hants, RG27 9UF