struts-user mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject RE: If you haven't seen this yet.
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:30:50 GMT
Calling the use of Flash "script[ing]" is like calling the use of gif or
jpeg images "scripting".  Don't confuse the superficialities of the
plugin-html with the real product.  Using Flash is not really unlike using
a pgeg or a gif image, except that it has a lot more to offer.  In images,
Flash is to a jpeg what object-oriented programming is to procedural
programming.  A class is a data type that can be used to manipulate
data.  Flash, similarly, is an image type that can be used to manipulate
images.  It is what can be inside the Flash that is exciting.  The script
is unimportant.  To think of Flash as scripting is akin to thinking of
object-oriented programming as the "stuff inside main".  By the way, not
that it matters, but a somewhat ironic detail of English grammar is that
"attention-to-detail" is not correct.  I personally would prefer a coder
who knew what Flash was, as opposed to a coder who is intimate with
Dalmations. ///;-)