struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: Why digester?
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:03:05 GMT
AFAIK, Digester uses Xerxes 1.3+.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Adolfo Miguelez [mailto:pelly69@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 10:38 AM

Hi All,

a strange question this time. I just wonder why Struts (and other Jakarta
products, as Commons bunch, etc) is based in the digester parser rather than

JAXP, JDOM, or another one.

I guess, that Jakarta guys have developed a parser from scrath, in order to
customize it for their necesities. However, I also guess that it does not
match the Java/Sun specs. So my own response is having a parser that they
consider confidable and that they could configure to match they requisites.

The question arises when, thinking in extend Struts, with some ocasional
code that could parse a XML file, I wonder what advantages give me to use
the digester? Why Jakarta guys implemented and use it?

Any light to clarify this design question would be appreciated. Thanks in
advance,

Adolfo