struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jale...@LABONE.com>
Subject RE: (ASP + Servlet) Possible?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:57:55 GMT
I've looked into integration of ASP and JSP also.  Look at the JIntegra
product from Intrinsyc (www.intrinsyc.com).  This provides a bi-directional
bridge between Java classes and ASP COM components.  It is also
network-aware and will allow you to run your JSPs separate from your ASP's
(if needed).  Server licensing is about $3750 US per server; since it is
100% JAVA and requires a JVM to run in, you only need to install it on your
Servlet container server.

HTH,

Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: hemant [mailto:yaxiz@softhome.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 3:51 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List; josephb@hereuare.com
Subject: Re: (ASP + Servlet) Possible?

Sir

:)

I am all for a JSP/Servlet solution but this team has an ASP/COM environment
and they connect to a webMethods broker to publish/subscribe messages.
webMethods has a pretty decent BrokerClient Java API and they want to make
use of it. The immediate idea was to register the Java client  and use it in
their ASP but the Microsoft Version of Java (no support for Java 2) was a
limitation. I personally think this is a bad Idea. Lots of unknowns and
Microsoft Java -- Sun Java  portability issues to add to that.

Hence the ASP<-->Servlet<---->Java BrokerClient approach for a fast and
simple solution.  I have not said anything yet. Currently doing research on
merits and demerits of this approach.

Regards
hemant