struts-user mailing list archives

From Hirsch Richard <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.DefinitionDispatcherAction Ex perience
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 04:57:57 GMT
Tried it with a valid tiles definition:
http://localhost:8080/learning/dynam.do?def=aDef and got a null forward as
well.

D.

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Raffy_Lata@ffic.com [mailto:Raffy_Lata@ffic.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2002 18:34
An: Struts Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.DefinitionDispatcherAction
Experience

I also tried it and used a valid tiles definition in the "def" parameter

http://localhost:8080/app/dynam.do?def=util.upload.page

and it just breezed through the code in the perform() method and returned a
null forward

Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumoulin@lifl.fr> on 06/19/2002 09:00:59 AM

      <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:
      Experience

  Hello,

  What is the definition for "bodo" ? It seems there is a problem with this
part
rather than with the dispatcher. Try to access "bodo" through your static
action
to see what happen (replace "aDef" by "bodo").
  The right URL should be the second one.

   Hope this help,
       Cedric

Hirsch Richard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone tried using the
> "org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.DefinitionDispatcherAction". I having
some
> difficulty getting it to work.  I know the tiles environment works,
because
> the  "org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.NoOpAction" Action works.  Here are
> the entries for struts_config.xml:
>
>  <action path="/dynam"
>          type
="org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.DefinitionDispatcherAction"
>          scope="request" parameter="def"/>
>
>     <action path="/static"
>          type="org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.NoOpAction">
>          <forward name="success" path="aDef"/>
>     </action>
>
> If I try the following URL: http://localhost:8080/learning/dynam.do?def I
> get the message: "Definition dispatcher action : can't get parameter
'def'".

> If I try the folloiwng URL:
> http://localhost:8080/learning/dynam.do?def=bodo, then I get an empty
html
> page with html header/footer tags but with an empty body.
>
> Help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> D.

For additional commands, e-mail: <

Please Note:
The information in this E-mail message, and any files transmitted
with it, is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above.  If you
are the intended recipient, be aware that your use of any confidential
or personal information may be restricted by state and federal
privacy laws.  If you, the reader of this message, are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not
further disseminate, distribute, or forward this E-mail message.
If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
and delete the material from any computer.  Thank you.