struts-user mailing list archives

From "Fickes, Vic (PRB)" <vic_fic...@prb.net>
Subject NotSerializableException in WLS6.1 and Struts1.1
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:34:35 GMT
Hi,
I just recently upgraded to WebLogic6.1sp2 and Struts1.1 (build of 6/18).  I
thought I had done everything correctly to upgrade my web app to Struts 1.1,
but I was getting various NotSerializableExceptions.  So then I just tried
running some of the example web apps and I got the same problems, which
leads me to believe I didn't configure something right in WebLogic.  From
reading the mailing lists, there seems to be some sort of systemic problem
with getting NotSerializableExceptions under WebLogic, but I couldn't relate
any of the info IO saw to my specific problem.  Do the stack traces below
that I got running the struts-validator example mean anything to anybody?
Thanks in advance,
Vic

<Jun 20, 2002 5:44:50 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(4602203,stru
ts-validator,/struts-validator)] Could not deserialize context attribute
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1148)

        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputClassFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:
1827)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteObject(ObjectOutputStream.java
:480)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1214)

        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:366)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.AttributeWrapper.getObject(AttributeWrapper
.java:92)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.AttributeWrapper.getObject(AttributeWrapper
.java:64)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.getAttribute(WebAppSer
vletContext.java:306)
        at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.getAttribute(PageContextImpl.jav
a:176)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.message(RequestUtils.java:788)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:2
95)
        at jsp_servlet.__registration._jspService(__registration.java:131)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:265)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:304)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:200)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:2495)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2204)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

<Jun 20, 2002 5:44:50 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(4602203,stru
ts-validator,/struts-validator)] Root cause of ServletException
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apac
he.struts.action.MESSAGE
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.message(RequestUtils.java:793)
[...]
<Jun 20, 2002 5:45:49 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP>
[...]

<Jun 20, 2002 5:45:57 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP>