struts-user mailing list archives

From adam.ha...@cyberspaceroad.com
Subject select dropdown with a nested name-attribute doesnt work in any browser - sends wrong value in request
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:50:59 GMT
Neither Mozilla nor IE are handling my HTML produced from nested tags.
They ignore any selection I make in a select dropdown when I submit. The
incoming parameters at the server show that the original value is always
sent.

My HTML:

<select name="operationList[0].locationIdString">
<option value="0" selected="selected">-- please select --</option>
<option value="1">Strange Location</option>
<option value="2">Up a tree</option>
<option value="3">Kebabhouse</option>
</select>

In my debug logging, I see all the other parameters with correct values,
but I get operation[0].locationIdString=0 no matter what I select.

Is anybody successfully using nested dropdowns / select boxes? Why does
this affect both browsers? Am I going mad?

Adam