struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: File Upload/Download Issues
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 04:04:12 GMT
Perhaps you could try E... oh wait!
Nevermind.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel J. D'Cotta [mailto:daniel.joshua@gridnode.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 10:07
To: Struts Users List
Subject: RE: File Upload/Download Issues

So can someone answer my 3 questions (without suggesting Expresso)?

1. First, I have a concern for memory usage while uploading a huge (100+Mb)
file. How does Struts handle uploading the file? Or is this purely a Web
Server issue.

Also, I am using the org.apache.struts.upload.FormFile class to read it.
Does it matter if I use getInputStream() read batch-by-batch or
getFileData()?

2. Next, when I pre-set the value, it does not show in the input field.

  <input type="file" id="file" name="file" size="50" value="temp.txt"/>

I read somewhere that that is a html thing. Any way to get around it?

3. Finally, How do you let users download a file with Struts? The file
cannot be outside WEB-INF.

(Could not find any documentation on this part, if you ask me to RTFM,
please direct me to which part of the manual).

Thanks in advance.

PS: Anybody have examples that have file uploads/downloads?

Regards,
Daniel