struts-user mailing list archives

From "Yaman Kumar" <yam...@nous.soft.net>
Subject Dynamic FormBean properties to display dyanamic controls
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:41:08 GMT
Hi Tim,
I could not get, can u elaborate it?
As i found this thread in struts-archive, I have
a problem similar to this one.
I would like to display 3 radio buttons per row(student info) grouped as
one.
and like that it would display no of rows(students). So As there
are not dynamic properties for each row in my FormBean
I am not able to get them at FormBean to validate,

I believe your response could help me more to investigate it.

TIA,
yaman

From: Pedone, Tim [mailto:Tim_Pedone@intuit.com]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 5:03 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'; 'jeremy@prellwitz.com'
Subject: RE: PLEASE HELP !!!

If you have control over the html that is rendered then you can use the
property="property(name)" technique.  Just add

void setProperty(String key, String value)
String getProperty(String key)

to your ActionForm and have them store the values in an underlying HashMap.
You can generate "name" above dynamically in your html form and Struts will
call setProperty(name, value) for you.

Tim