struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tim T. Young" <Young_Ti...@cat.com>
Subject Re: html:errors tag funny null strings
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:58:55 GMT

Are you using Websphere?  If you are, when null String objects get written
to a jsp
they produce a "null".  Early versions of Websphere did not do this but we
had problems
starting with version 3.5.3.

I just put a errors.header= and errors.footer= in the properties file and
it takes care of it,
since I didn't have anything I wanted to display like in the example below.

Tim

                    Jan Fetyko

                    <janof@phase2o

                    nline.com>

                    06/20/2002

                    Please respond cc:

                    to "Struts

                    Users Mailing

                    List"

                                          Subject:     Re: html:errors tag funny null strings

Caterpillar: Confidential Green          Retain Until: 07/20/2002
                                         Retention Category:  G90 -
                                         Information and Reports

Actualy I'm not missing the entry for the error, since it gets writen to
the page, but there are aditional "null" strings.

I have this in properties file:

text.login.password.error=Password is required

on the jsp page I have

but the output on the page is not just: "Password is required"
but : "null Password is required null".

Does that make sense ?

Jf