struts-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject RE: Please help clarify or confirm -- HttpSession
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:26:04 GMT

Ralph -

I agree - In one of my first responses I recommended using an ejb server
for this - that way you can have multiple servers accessing it at the same
time while having the ejb server managing locking and transactions if
required.

"Ralph Roland" <rroland@strataj.com> on 06/13/2002 05:44:41 PM

      <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:    (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject:  RE: Please help clarify or confirm -- HttpSession

I haven't noticed anyone else pointing this out yet, so I guess maybe I
should...  The approach described below (as far as I can see) will only
work
if you assume your app will never be deployed on more than a single server
-
or if you are fine with the fact that this 'shared' object will not
actually
be shared across multiple server instances in the cluster.

If you can be certain you will never need to scale your apps to more than
one server this may be appropriate, but personally I would be very leary
about relying on this for any real project... YMMV

Ralph Roland
Strata-J
rroland@strata-j.com