struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject UML stereotypes for Struts (Re: UML? File organization?)
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:59:14 GMT
I think this is a great topic for discussion, but I haven't thought
too far about it.  I would think the route would be simply to agree
on a few stereotypes, and perhaps some standard names for tagged
values.

Are you familiar with WebUML?
<http://www.conallen.com/whitepapers/webapps/ModelingWebApplications.htm >

It might be a useful reference/counterpart to defining UML for struts.

One of the future features we have in mind for StrutsBuilder would be
import from XMI, which you could export from most UML tools.  I don't
know XMI syntax at all, but conceptually, it's not much different
from importing from a struts-config file.  But we wouldn't want to do
that until there was a Struts community consensus on UML notation.

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/rivernorth/>

Joe

At 10:33 AM -0400 2002/06/21, wbchmura@Ensign-BickfordInd.com wrote:
>I have been playing with UML and trying to find a good way to do the
>upfront design of a struts based application.  Has anyone done this
>already and have any suggestions?  I know the use-cases can pretty much
>stay the same...
>
>I am also putting together a document on the best way to go about
>struturing your directories under struts...  If anyone has any
>suggestions I would love to hear it...
>
>I already have stuff like JSPs under the WEB-INF and stuff.  I am trying
>to work out the best way to organize all the packages in the src
>directory...
>
>Should they be by purpose of the objects like (conventional theory)
>
>com.ebind.hrdata.people;
>com.ebind.hrdata.companies;
>com.ebind.struts.create;
>com.ebind.struts.search;
>

>or more along the lines of struts:
>
>com.ebind.peoplefinder.search;
>com.ebind.peoplefinder.create;
>
>We've got two small projects done wth struts and the next ones will be
>more complex so I want to get the best practices down (I've printed and
>read the husted site a few times already)
>

>Any thoughts would be great - and I will drop the document out here when
>its done
>

>--

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>