struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Wilkinson" <d...@iquo.co.uk>
Subject RE: logging, log4j
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:52:12 GMT

I had the same issue but I added the following to my log4j.properties
file to control struts logging.

log4j.category.org.apache.commons=WARN, A1
log4j.category.org.apache.struts=WARN, A1

-----Original Message-----
From: petra staub [mailto:calc42@hotmail.com]
Sent: 16 July 2002 12:35
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: logging, log4j

hi,

i am using for my own classes log4j for logging.
unfortunately, not only my classes start producing output,
but also struts classes, mostly the RequestProcessor:

3945 INFO  struts.action.RequestProcessor - Processing a 'GET' for path
'/home'

how can I get only the logging from my classes? where am
I doing something wrong?

I use log4j like in the following example:
public class ExampleClass {
  static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(ExampleClass.class.getName());

  void method() {
     log.info("log me");
  }
}
log4j.properties is in the class root and automatically loaded.

thanks!

For additional commands, e-mail: