struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Dribin <dave...@dribin.org>
Subject Re: Processing an action for an index page?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 17:03:29 GMT
On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 04:01:13PM -0700, Max Cooper wrote:
> Put something like this in your web.xml file:
>
>   <welcome-file-list>
>     <welcome-file>/MyAction.do</welcome-file>
>   </welcome-file-list>

I remember having problems with this (at least making index.do a
welcome file).  I think it is because there is actually no file named
"index.do" so some webservers (resin and apache+resin, I believe) give
you a 404 because of this.  I ended up using an index.jsp with a
redirect to index.do.  Perhaps that's the most portable method.

-Dave