struts-user mailing list archives

From Erich Meier <...@methodpark.de>
Subject Re: Property exception after upgrading to JDK 1.4
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:28:53 GMT
On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 01:11:26PM +0200, Erich Meier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after upgrading JDK from 1.3.1 to 1.4.0, the <bean:write> tag throws an
> exception under some strange circumstances:
>
> java.lang.Error: PropertyDescriptor: internal error while merging PDs: type mismatch
between read and write methods
[...]
> Note: not all bean:write tags show this behaviour, only some of them.
>
> Did anyone else also run into this problem? Has anyone solved it? How?

I solved this myself. It was caused by the new implementation of the
Introspector class in JDK 1.4. This results in stricter name checking with
boolean bean properties.

My app had a String property "type" with getType/setType and additionally
I had implemented a method "isType" returning boolean. This inconsistency was
obviously not detected by pre-1.4 JDK versions.

Greetings,
Erich