struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migration from 1.0.2 to 1.1
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:44:17 GMT

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Struts Newsgroup wrote:

> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:55:02 -0700
> From: Struts Newsgroup <struts@basebeans.com>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Migration from 1.0.2 to 1.1
>
> Subject: Re: Migration from 1.0.2 to 1.1
> From: "Heritier Arnaud" <heritier.arnaud@wanadoo.fr>
>  ===
> Thx for your help Martin.
>
> In struts 1.0.2 I subclassed the ActionServlet to define a processPreprocess
> method which verify the user authentification.
> I needed to use the processPath to determine if the user don't do the
> authentification action (it's normal that he is not yet authenticated) and
> the processActionForward to transfert the user to the login page if he is
> not connected.

In 1.1, you'd need to subclass RequestProcessor for this purpose, and
override those methods just as you used to do on ActionServlet.
Basically, we just moved the processXxx methods out of ActionServlet into
a separate class so that you could customize separately for each
sub-application.

You declare the RequestProcoessor class to be used in the <controller>
element in struts-config.xml, using the "processorClass" attribute.

> Any idea ??

Craig