struts-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Kuederle <okuede...@yahoo.de>
Subject How to handle user rights/permissions
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:20:01 GMT
Hi,

I am not clear on how I can handle different user rights in Struts. This is how
I perceive it to be:

There are different "sections" on my (Struts-powered) website, for example:

Section A: Handling employee data.
Section B: Handling company information.
Section C: System administration.

(A page can contain elements of different sections.)

Each user has their own access level for each section which is one of the
following:

Level 0: No rights.
Level 1: Read-only.
Level 2: Write.

For example, if an input field X belongs to section A and the user has A=0
permission, X should not be displayed. For A=1, X should be simple HTML text.
For A=2, it should be the input field.

Can something like this be handled with Struts? If so, how? If not, what's the
best I can get in terms of user rights management?

Thanks.
-Oliver