struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Haile" <jha...@fastmail.fm>
Subject RE: logic:present exception throwing
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:56:46 GMT
My JSP is thousands of lines long (mostly in seperate include files) and I am not sure what
to send to make this error repeatable (and how much my company would be ok with me sending
out)  However, can I ask a more narrow question?

>From the stack trace below:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean lastVitalSigns in scope null
at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:493)
at org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.PresentTag.condition(PresentTag.java:138)
at org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.PresentTag.condition(PresentTag.java:99)
at org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.ConditionalTagBase.doStartTag(ConditionalTagBase.java:218)

If I look at PresentTag.java, line 138, there is a try/catch that should catch a JSP exception.
 So, why does the JspException ever make it back up to the webpage?  Shouldn't PresentTag.java
catch the Exception on line 138?  That is what is bugging me the most.  This error shouldn't
happen simply because the JspException thrown should be caught and ignored in PresentTag.java.
 Why would this not happen?

Jeremy

  Jeremy Haile
  jhaile@fastmail.fm