struts-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glenma...@yahoo.com>
Subject configuring commons-logging/simplelog within Struts
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:46:05 GMT
Hello,

I'm having difficulty getting my Struts app (within
Tomcat) to read the commons-logging.properties and
simplelog.properties file.  (I currently just want to
log to stderr, so the simplelog that comes with
commons-logging will do.)

(1) Where should the logging "properties" files be
placed--within the "lib" directory, or in the
"classes" directory?  If I need to manually state its
location, where do I do so within a Struts web app?

(2) Just to confirm, here are my simplelog parameters
I wish to set:

org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=debug
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime=true

These parameters should go in the simplelog.properties
file, *not* the commons-logging.properties file--the
latter is just for identifying the underlying
implementation chosen (log4j, simplelog, j2se 1.4,
etc.)--correct?

Thanks,
Glen