struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumou...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: Tiles 'getAsString' in included Tile
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:02:16 GMT
  Hello,

  How have you declared your definition ?
  When you write <tiles:insert attribute="header"/>, it means that the
value of the attribute from surounding tiles is used by insert.
  Maybe you have misunderstood the usage of <tiles:insert ...>. If you
want to insert a definition, write <tiles:insert
definition="definitionName"/>.

   Cedric

Jerry Jalenak wrote:

>I'm getting an error when I try to use <tiles:getAsString name="....."/>
>inside my 'header.jsp'.
>
>My template looks like this:
>
>	<snip>
>		    <tiles:insert attribute="header"/>
>	</snip>
>
>Header has the following:
>
>	<snip>
>		      <tiles:getAsString name="function"/>
>
>The error I am getting is:
>
>[ServletException in:/WEB-INF/tiles/layouts/header.jsp] Error -
>tag.getAsString : attribute 'function' not found in context. Check tag
>syntax'
>
>Why?  I am trying to bring in a 'function' description from my
>tiles-config.xml (yes, it's defined there).  Is there a better way of doing
>this?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Jerry
>
>This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.