struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumou...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: Struts 1.1 + Tiles
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:22:13 GMT

  I have checked the latest tiles-documentation.war, and it use the new
plugin;-)
  Following is the syntax for web.xml and struts-config.xml, extracted
from the example.
  If you use multi -modules (multi subapps), you need one
struts-config.xml per module.
  Tiles factory parameters can be set in web.xml or in
struts-config.xml. The plugin first load parameters from web.xml, then
overload them with struts-config.xml. This allows to specify default
values in web.xml in case of multi modules.
  An appropriate documentation should come soon.

  Hope this help,
         Cedric

web.xml :
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>*org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet*</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>definitions-config</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml,/WEB-INF/tiles-tests-defs.xml,/WEB-INF/tiles-tutorial-defs.xml,
                 /WEB-INF/tiles-examples-defs.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>definitions-debug</param-name>
      <param-value>0</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>definitions-parser-details</param-name>
      <param-value>0</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>definitions-parser-validate</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>

struts-config.xml :

  <!-- ========== Associated Messages Ressource settings
=================== -->
  <!-- Not used by tiles or this website, but needed due to a bug in
actual Struts version -->
  <message-resources
parameter="org.apache.struts.webapp.tiles.dev1-1.ApplicationResources"
null="false" />

    <!-- The Tiles plugin -->
  <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin" >
    <set-property property="definitions-config"
                     value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml,

/WEB-INF/tiles-tests-defs.xml,/WEB-INF/tiles-tutorial-defs.xml,
                            /WEB-INF/tiles-examples-defs.xml" />
    <set-property property="definitions-debug" value="1" />
    <set-property property="definitions-parser-details" value="0" />
    <set-property property="definitions-parser-validate" value="true" />
  </plug-in>

Jerry Jalenak wrote:

>I downloaded the latest nightly build, but the example .war files haven't
>been updated for this plug-in yet.  Cedric, do you have an example web.xml,
>struts-config.xml, etc. that you could post (for us dummies that still have
>trouble reading the DTD  :))?  Thanks!
>
>Jerry

solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.