struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumou...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: How do I navigate from one subApp to another in Struts1.1?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:59:49 GMT

  Normally it doesn't matter.
  The Tiles servlet was used from 1.1dev until 1.1b1 to initialize 
Tiles. It contains some request processing methods used only by Struts1.0.
  The TilesRequestProcessor should normally not impact on the normal 
request processor work. It just check if a forward or include is done on 
a (logical) definition name. If it is not the case, the uri is passed 
"as is" to RequestDispatcher.include() or forward().

  Cedric

Trieu, Danny wrote:

>Craig,
>
>Does it mater if my action servlet is the TilesActionComponentServlet?
>
>danny
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org] 
>Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 7:53 PM
>To: Struts Users Mailing List
>Subject: RE: How do I navigate from one subApp to another in Struts1.1?
>
>
>
>On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Trieu, Danny wrote:
>
>  
>
>>Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:22:08 -0700
>>From: "Trieu, Danny" <DTrieu@ebuilt.com>
>>Reply-To: Struts Users Mailing List <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>>To: 'Struts Users Mailing List' <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>>Subject: RE: How do I navigate from one subApp to another in Struts1.1?
>>
>>Craig,
>>
>>I have an action=foo under subapp bar.
>>I register my subapp like this:
>>Web.xml
>>    <init-param>
>>      <param-name>config/bar</param-name>
>>      <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-bar.xml</param-value>
>>    </init-param>
>>
>>
>>How come it give me a 404 error when I call my action in the browser with
>>this URL: http://localhost:7001/my_web_app/bar/foo.do
>>
>>    
>>
>
>What does your servlet mapping look like?  It should still use the "*.do"
>pattern.
>
>Do you also have a "default" subapp configured with the plain "config"
>init parameter?  I've never tried it without, although conceptually it
>should work.
>
>Craig
>
>
>  
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
>>Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 6:38 PM
>>To: Struts Users Mailing List
>>Subject: Re: How do I navigate from one subApp to another in Struts1.1?
>>
>>
>>
>>On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Trieu, Danny wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:11:48 -0700
>>>From: "Trieu, Danny" <DTrieu@ebuilt.com>
>>>Reply-To: Struts Users Mailing List <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>To: "'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>Cc: "'craigmcc@apache.org'" <craigmcc@apache.org>
>>>Subject: How do I navigate from one subApp to another in Struts1.1?
>>>
>>>For example: I am in a page of a sub-application of a Struts
>>>      
>>>
>application,
>  
>
>>>and I want to render a link that link you to another sub-application
>>>      
>>>
>>within
>>    
>>
>>>the application using the <html:link/> tag.
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>The tempting way to do this is to do something like
>>
>>  <html:link forward="foo"/>
>>
>>and mark the "foo" forward as being context relative.  However, this will
>>ONLY work if you are switching to the default sub-app, because you'd be
>>bypassing the controller servlet where sub-app selection is performed.
>>
>>The better way is to make your link go through an <action> that uses the
>>standard SwitchAction class.  This wants you to send along the application
>>prefix of the sub-app you want to switch to, as well as a resource in that
>>sub-app to forward to after the switch.
>>
>>    
>>
>>>danny
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>Craig
>>
>>
>>
>>--
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>><mailto:struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>><mailto:struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>>
>>
>>--
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>    
>>
><mailto:struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>  
>
>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>    
>>
><mailto:struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>  
>
>>    
>>
>
>
>--
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
><mailto:struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>For additional commands, e-mail:
><mailto:struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>
>--
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>  
>



--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message