struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumou...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: Tiles exceeding JSP size limit
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:51:44 GMT

  Hello,

  The JSP size limit  is per page, not per request. You should be able
to split a little bit more the faulty page/tiles, using tiles <insert
...> to stay coherent with your approach, or <jsp:include ...>.
  Also, considering using less tags is a good option (like <options ...>
instead of multiple <option>).

      Cedric

Jerry Jalenak wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I've got a JSP with multiple drop downs with 50-60 options per drop down.
>Along with the other 30 or so text boxes I have, I'm exceeding the JSP size
>limit.  How have others handled this?  I looked at the <form-property
>name="x" initial="('a','b','c',.....)/>, but couldn't make it work (we're
>using the 1.1B1 version).  Is there a better way to handle this?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Jerry Jalenak
>Development Manager, Web Publishing
>LabOne, Inc.
>
>This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.