struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Topping" <topp...@digidemic.com>
Subject i18n is killing me!
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 04:45:59 GMT
hiyas,

can anyone lend a hand with i18n?  it's starting to feel like i81n!! :/

environment is struts 1.1b1, win2k, jboss 3.0/tomcat 4.0.3 release, default
locale is en_US.

i have a web-inf/classes/ApplicationResources.properties as well as
web-inf/classes/ApplicationResources_en.properties for good measure.  In my
struts-config.xml, i have <message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources"
key="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" null="false"/>.

it seems like i should be able to get something with:

System.out.println(messages.getMessage(Locale.getDefault(),"error.transaction
.token"));

but I get nothing but the bad property string (since the null config
attribute is set to false).  error.transaction.token is defined in both
files, the spelling is checked a hundred times, etc.

Of course, ActionError("error.transaction.token") gives the same error
result.

Anything that ppl can think that i missing?  i've spent the whole day on
this!!

thanks a bunch,

-b