struts-user mailing list archives

From Dan Cancro <DCan...@bridgespan.com>
Subject RE: Why would I want to maintain my JSP's in a JSP-SRC directory?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 00:26:14 GMT
I hope this isn't too far off topic, but is there a preferred structure for
organizing files of multiple applications?  I just took a look at the
directory structure described in the Tomcat Guide, and also the Struts
source distribution, and it looks like there are two options:

1) (as I understood the Tomcat Application Developer's Guide)
project_a_src
    build.xml
    docs
    src
    web
        WEB-INF
    build
    dist
project_b_src
    build.xml
    docs
    src
    web
        WEB-INF
    build
    dist

--- or ---

2) (from Struts source download)
src
    build.xml
    docs
        project_a
        project_b
    src
        project_a
        project_b
    web
        project_a
            WEB-INF
        project_b
            WEB-INF
    target

While we're at it, are there preferred choices for the CVS root and CVS
modules when you have multiple applications?

Thanks in advance,
Dan