struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Knorr" <...@nextjet.com>
Subject ONLY FOR ONE WAR -- PLEASE HELP! RE: Weblogic 5.1 + commons.logging - HERE'S THE ANSWER!
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:38:35 GMT
Getting the latest nightly commons-logging.jar works great if you are deploying one war file...
but we have many war files deploying and this only fixes the first war file that is deployed.
 All the other deployed wars throw the following exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.<init>(ActionServlet.java:331)

Any ideas on when a complete fix is going to be released for struts 1.1beta1 and weblogic?

Thanks,

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Ren Bitonio [mailto:rbitonio@kana.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 7:21 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Cc: 'Dean.Chen@gs.com'
Subject: RE: Weblogic 5.1 + commons.logging - HERE'S THE ANSWER!

Dean,

I believe you are talking about Struts version 1.1Beta1.  If so, then that
version of commons-logging.jar has a classloader problem issue, that does
not work smoothly with Weblogic 5.1.  I had this problem earlier with WLS61
SP2 and later resolved it.

You need to swap out your commons-logging.jar.  I believe the 5/9 nightly
build was the first edition to resolve this problem, as I checked its source
code to see if LogFactory class was fixed, regarding which classloader to
use and load the factory implementation.  It worked!  The latest ones should
work as well.

By the way, other than getting a newer jar file, there is another
workaround, which is placing the original jar file in the Weblogic's
globalclasspath, yet this is not the preferred route.

Give it a try, and let me know how it works out.

Good luck,
Ren