struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Steele" <brian_ste...@paintedword.com>
Subject Jrun and struts 1.1b
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:06:33 GMT
Anyone successfully deployed 1.1b on jrun?

Specifically, I REALLY could use the nested functionality for my app.  Is it possible to use
the struts-nested.tld with 1.0.2?

I can't get my ActionServlet to init() because it can't find ApplicationResources.properties.
  Yes, I have the correct info in my struts-config.xml and not web.xml.  I've tried putting
it in the jar, manually inserting it in the JRun deploy directory (WEB-INF/classes), but it
can never find the file, thus i get...

Exception thrown processing JSP page.
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection

and the logs show.....

error (JRun) Could not pre-load servlet: payroll [javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not
instantiate com.xxx.payroll.action.PayrollActionServlet]
[1]java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources.java:558)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initInternal(ActionServlet.java:1153)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:449)

any suggestions as to 'help' jrun or get nesting working with 1.0.2?

thanks in advance.

-brian