struts-user mailing list archives

From Dan Petrie <Dan.Pet...@harborfund.com>
Subject RE: upload files
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:57:04 GMT
Hi Christian,

Simply use the request object passed into the Action's perform/execute
method, set the content type, write whatever data is necessary, and return
null (no ActionForward).

-Dan-

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Pich [mailto:pich@llauwl.com]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 3:54 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: upload files

How does struts envision to send files (images, documents) to the web
user back?
I could not find documentation about it? Is that done in the Action class?
How do I set the contents-type, such as image/gif or others
and how do I set the default name that appears for the user when he is
asked to
save the file on his disk?

For additional commands, e-mail:

Note: By opening this email and/or any attachments
contained within this file, you assume sole responsibility for
any alteration of data that may occur as a consequence of
any data transfer or copying process.

The information contained in this message may be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

For more information on Harbor Fund's privacy policy please
visit http://www.harborfund.com/privacy.htm

Thank you.

Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. One SeaGate. Toledo, OH-43666.
Tel: 419-247-1940
Email: customer.service@harborfund.com