struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Laird" <Laird.Nel...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: Struts architecture performance
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:42:10 GMT

Each servlet that loads has init parameters.  Struts actions have no init
parameters.  Given an equal number of servlets and actions, actions will
take less memory and startup time.

(Additionally, some web containers manufactured by a certain New York-based
software company consume massive amounts of resources in loading servlets,
so minimizing the number of servlets is a good thing if you're using such
web containers.)

Just one of many niceties that Struts offers.

Cheers,
Laird