struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Laird" <Laird.Nel...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: Struts/Container-Managed Authentication Question
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:14:49 GMT

A nice middle ground that would not require boiling the ocean would be a
simple interface that allows callers to add, update and remove users and
roles.  I find that the only thing I usually need above and beyond the
current container-managed security API is the ability to create new users
and roles.  Every container I've worked with has the ability to make these
calls with their own APIs--all the concepts and logical objects are the
same--but the implementations basically suffer from name incompatibilities.

Cheers,
Laird