struts-user mailing list archives

From "Peggy Davidson" <tika...@mindspring.com>
Subject common-logger.properties and log4j vs jdk14logger
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:33:08 GMT
I am trying to get some good logging implemented and was trying to use the
jdk14logger since I am on jdk1.4 but can't seem to find enough information
to configure the properties file. I have read the O'Reilly chapter, the
api's etc but still struggling in trying to get the properties and the
jdk14logger configuration set properly.

Are there any examples of the common-logging.properties file for usage with
Jdk14logger available?  Or can anyone point me to a site that can tell me
the correct syntax for the properties to set in the
common-logging.properties file for turning on the debugging, info and trace
using Jdk14logger wrapper?  I know there is some good detailed description
on configuring and setting the properties for log4j but have been unable to
find something similar for the jdk14logger, which is really what I need.
Or, would it be better for me to just use log4j?

Configuration: I am using the nightly build from 7/19 for struts but
installed the latest build for commons-logger from last night.  I am running
Orion 1.5.4 as my app server.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Peggy