struts-user mailing list archives

From Eric_W...@ssga.com
Subject Re: Handling jsp bean relationship ?
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:08:56 GMT

use the Arron Bates nested extension taglib included with struts 1.1

http://www.keyboardmonkey.com

|         |           "Jens Viebig"    |
|         |           <jviebig@como.com|
|         |           >                |
|         |           07/26/2002 05:14 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |

  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  Handling jsp bean relationship ?

How can i handle this situation with the newest version of Struts 1.1b or
nightly:

I have two beans A and B. Think that i have a collection of Bean A. Every
Bean A includes a key referencing to
a Bean of type B.
So i can do iteration with Bean a

<logic:iterate id="a" name="aCollection">
    <bean:write name="a" property="someValue"/><bean:write name="a"
property="someKeyReferencingB"/>
</logic:iterate>

Instead of writing out the key
   <bean:write name="a" property="someKeyReferencingB"/>

i want to write out some values of Bean b like that:

<logic:iterate id="a" name="aCollection">
    <bean:write name="a" property="someValue"/><bean:write
name="BReferencedByA" property="someValueOfB"/>
</logic:iterate>

Can this be done whith struts standard tags? Any other taglibs that can
handle this situation ? Is my design going the right way ?

Greets
Jens Viebig

For additional commands, e-mail: <