struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hemanth Setty" <hse...@buildview.com>
Subject Cannot use an extended logger with the ValidationForm
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:02:32 GMT
Hello,

I have extened the Logger class to provide a custom logging mechanism.
(com.xxx.yyy.MyLogger) When I try to use this logger with a class extended
from ValidationForm (com.xxx.yyy.MyValidationForm), it wont work. As the
ValidationForm creates a logger and assignes the default logger
(org.apache.log4j.Logger) to com.xxx.yyy.MyValidationForm . So when I try to
get a my custom logger com.xxx.yyy.MyValidationForm, I always get
org.apache.log4j.Logger instead of com.xxx.yyy.MyLogger. Is this a bug or is
there a way to go about it..??

Thanks
Hemanth