struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Code generation
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:41:22 GMT
StrutsBuilder does not do generation from database schema, but it can
import a struts-config.xml file and then generate stub Action
classes, JSPs, and FormBeans.  You can also specify your own struts
config information in a SWING GUI.

Generation is driven  via Jakarta Velocity templates.  The GUI
doesn't make it too obvious where they are right now, but in theory,
you could use your own templates in place of ours, for example to
include common licensing or your own local code style rules.
(Exposing these more clearly will be part of a full 1.0 release,
although we have no idea when that would be.)

We're designing StrutsBuilder to be able to import and build a basic
struts model from a variety of sources.  We hadn't thought about
doing it from a database schema, but we'd be happy to take
suggestions such as that. (I could hazard some guesses at a Struts
app modeled from a database, but I'd rather take input from someone
who was actually looking at a use case for such a thing.)

StrutsBuilder is an open source project hosted at SourceForge
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/rivernorth/>  Bug reports and
feature requests are welcome, as are developers interested in helping
build out the application...

We expect to do a small incremental release this week to add in some
useful functionality, including better coverage of new features of
Struts 1.1, but you can get all of that from the SourceForge CVS if
you're impatient...

Joe

At 1:03 PM -0700 2002/07/22, James Holmes wrote:
>The Struts Console software is good for managing
>Struts configuration files, but doesn't have any code
>generation capabilities.
>
>http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/
>
>-james
>james@jamesholmes.com
>

>--- Elderclei R Reami <reami@vertisnet.com.br> wrote:
>>  Hi folks,
>>
>>  I am new to Struts development and am looking for
>>  tools to help me being
>>  productive. Right now, I'm downloading binaries for
>>  Adalon and EasyStruts.
>>
>>  I'd like to know if there's any tool out there to
>>  generate a Struts
>>  application, including view and model, based on
>>  database schema.
>>
>>  Thanks in advance.
>>  Elderclei R Reami
>>  Vertis Tecnologia - Brasil
>>
>>  --
>>  For additional commands, e-mail:
>>  <mailto:struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>