struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jesse Alexander (KADA 11)" <alexander.je...@csfs.com>
Subject RE: Error installing struts app in WebLogic sp2
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 06:55:06 GMT
Hi,

in the latest nightly builds, the Struts-jar-file has a manifest file
containing a class-path-entry. Now the format used by the struts-jar
is not wls-compatible. Search the mailing list archive for the
exception-type (StringIndexOutOfBoundsException)... to find more
informations about the issue.

regards
Alexander

-----Original Message-----
From: jeffrey.reid@jpmorgan.com [mailto:jeffrey.reid@jpmorgan.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 1. August 2002 17:33
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Error installing struts app in WebLogic sp2

Hi,

I am able to successfully install and run my web application (mrwebapp.war)
that uses the 4-15-02 nightly build version of struts to WebLogic sp2.  I
built this .war file using JBuilder 6.  I recently noticed that there is a
bug in the OptionsCollectionTag that has been corrected, so I downloaded
the 7-17-02 version of struts and rebuilt my app.  I tested it using
JBuilder6 and the included Tomcat 4.0 webserver and it works fine.  I then
built my .war file and copied it to the WebLogic applications directory (D:
\bea\wlserver6.1\config\mydomain\applications) to try and test it under
WebLogic.  When WebLogic starts, it cannot load my web application.  Here
is a portion of the error that WebLogic displays (there is much more in the
stack trace):

<Aug 1, 2002 10:59:02 AM EDT> <Error> <J2EE> <Error deploying application
mrwebapp: Could not load mrwebapp>
<Aug 1, 2002 10:59:02 AM EDT> <Error> <Management> <ApplicationManager
starting Config caught throwable
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
String index out of range: -1
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1525)
        at weblogic.utils.jars.ManifestEntry.stream(ManifestEntry.java:166)
        at weblogic.utils.jars.Manifest.stream(Manifest.java:78)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.resolveManifestName(WebAppHelper.java:398)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.extractClassFiles(WebAppHelper.java:177)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.extractClassFiles(WebAppServletContext.java:3405)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setDocroot(WebAppServletContext.java:3376)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.init(WebAppServletContext.java:862)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.<init>(WebAppServletContext.java:815)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:428)
        at weblogic.j2ee.WebAppComponent.deploy(WebAppComponent.java:74)

Does anybody know what the problem could be?  I also tried it with the 7-31-02 nightly build
of struts and received the same results.

Thanks a lot, Jeff.

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.