struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Local/Global Exception Handling: How do you specify ContextRe lati ve path(action's input) in the Sub-Apps' struts-config.xml
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:20:44 GMT

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Trieu, Danny wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:31:27 -0700
> From: "Trieu, Danny" <DTrieu@downeysavings.com>
> Subject: RE: Local/Global Exception Handling: How do you specify
>     ContextRe lati ve path(action's input) in the Sub-Apps' struts-config.xml
>
> Can you give me an example of how path one <exception/> can be set to a
> module-relative resource?
> This can be a JSP, Tiles' definition, or an Action relative to the module's
> config file right?

The path on an exception is defined as a "module-relative URI to the
resource that will complete the request/response if an exception occurs".
In other words, Struts will tack create the complete URI by tacking the
module prefix on the front (that's what would *not* happen if a
contextRelative="true" attribute were added).

So, if you had a JSP page at the module-relative path "/showException.jsp"
that you wanted you use, you'd just say:

  <exception ... path="/showException.jsp" ... />

You'll have to ask Cedric about whether Tiles treats this kind of a path
the same as the path on a <forward> so that you can reference a Tile.  I
don't know the answer to that one.

> Thanks,
>
> danny

Craig