struts-user mailing list archives

From Olga Agady <oag...@yahoo.com>
Subject Populating select box dynamically
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:43:13 GMT
Hello,

In my html:form I have two select boxes: one with the
list of the countries and another one with the list of
states in a country. When the user selects a country I
have to populate the select box with the states for
this country. The list of states I get from the
database. Could someone recommend me the way how I can
do this dynamically? I can write a javascript (which
will be called when the user selects the country) to
populate the state select box, but how can I get the
list of the states in this script from the database?
Is there any possibility to dynamically get data into
javascript from the database? Or there is another way
to implement those two select boxes?

Please help.

Thanks
Olga