struts-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Refondini <patrick.refond...@jpnet.ch>
Subject Re: Is it possible to generate styleId ?
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:30:04 GMT
Maris Orbidans wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to have styleId different for each <html:text> element. How to achieve
it ?

> <logic:iterate id="element" name="Zurnals4Zem6" property="saraksts"
>      type="lv.datapro.lad.pri.utils.Zurnals4BaseView">

> I want this because I will generate some JavaScript that will validate those date fields.
> Since property is the same then I need styleId different to distinguish my date fields
in script.

> Or maybe there is some better way to do it ?
>

> Maris

 From the documentation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-html.html#text

styleId:  Identifier to be assigned to this HTML element (renders an
"id" attribute).  (RT EXPR)

So technically you should be able to assign self generated ids using a
Runtime expression.

I think you should first check out if the Struts Validator does not
implement what you try to code.

Patrick