struts-user mailing list archives

From "Trieu, Danny" <DTr...@downeysavings.com>
Subject RE: Local/Global Exception Handling: How do you specify ContextRe lati ve path(action's input) in the Sub-Apps' struts-config.xml
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:34:45 GMT
Craig,

Thanks for your help.  It has been valuable.  Craig, Sub-Module are very
useful.  However, it seems to
Only allow you to modulize the controller components and not the View
components.  Let says we are using tiles, or some others technique, for our
View Composition Strategy (VCS).  VCS and Sub-Module doesn't works right out
of the box.  Under VCS, resource available in one common source.  Where as,
with Sub-Module, resource available in differen logic source depend on which
logical sub-module a request belong to.  This introduce problem when control
is hand over to the VCS, where its assumsion of resouce(e.g. links,
images...) that comes from a comon place is now impratical.

Sure, we can overcome this with some modification like modify the
relative.  Or in the config.xml of the current sub-module, we can set global
<forward....contextRelative="true"> and have all the view's link tag to used
this.  But this can be a problem when diff sub-module use common view will
have to copy the <forward...> declaration every sub-module config.xml file.

If we already allow <forward ... > to be context relative.  Why not allow
<exception  path=".." contextRelative="true" ...> to be context relative as
well?  And also, can all of the common declaration be declare in the the
default sub-model, and lookup will start at the current sub-module and
traverse upward to the default sub-module?

I might not have a good understanding of the current design of sub-module,
so please explain so we all can learn.

Thanks Craig,

danny