struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kamholz, Keith (corp-staff) USX" <kkamh...@moog.com>
Subject RE: Use of Iterator tag
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:41:49 GMT
Hey,

For your first question, I think you should specify the 'type' attribute of
the iterate tag.  This indicates the type of variable that the collection
contains, and is pretty important (i think).

For the radio button, use a little scriptlet to set the value.  In your case
it would be:

I think you should get the iterate tag working before you try to make the
radio button work though, cuz the radio button problems could be tied to
your iteration issues.
Does this help you at all?

~ Keith
http://www.buffalo.edu/~kkamholz

-----Original Message-----
From: nathan phillips [mailto:nathanpp@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 12:33 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Use of Iterator tag

Hello all,

I'm new to Struts and attempting to make use of the iterator tag.  I have a
couple questions that I'm hoping some kind individual can help me answer in
regards to the iterator tag.  I have a bean with a method named "iterator"
that returns an iterator.

If I do this it tells me I have no getter for my method iterator, which of
course is true.
<logic:iterate name="testbean" property="iterator" id="test">

So how do I make it work.  I see that there is a collection attribute that
might work but I'm unsure of how exactly to make use of it.  I was thinking
something along the lines of:
<logic:iterate name="testbean" collection=<%=testbean.iterator()%>
id="test">

Of course that doesn't work though.

My second question is how would do I write out a property for the radio tag
within a iterator tag.  I'm attempting the following with no success.  It
tells me "test" is out of scope however the same bean:write works fine
outside of the radio tag.

<logic:iterate name="testbean" property="iterator" id="test">
property="id"/>"
</logic:iterate>

Any help in solving these mysteries for me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.