struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kamholz, Keith (corp-staff) USX" <kkamh...@moog.com>
Subject RE: Handling lists
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:03:03 GMT
Yeah, struts usually expecs a String[] for lists, but i don't see how it is
awkward.  It shouldn't matter how many items are in the list.  Struts will
automatically fill the array with all the values sent from the form.

~ Keith
http://www.buffalo.edu/~kkamholz

-----Original Message-----
From: Lister, Tom (ANTS) [mailto:tom.lister@ants.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 12:46 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Handling lists

Does anyone know of a good reference that explains the use of select lists
I want to create a list on a page then have it populate a collection in the
Form bean

I can create the lists in the form but I'm not sure what the data type
should be on the form setter.
I'd like to use a Collection but I get the impression that Struts expects an
Array
This is awkward as I don't know how many items may be selected

:-)
Tom Lister
* 020 7612 3030
* tom.lister@ants.co.uk

This communication (including any attachments) contains confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient and you have received
this communication in error, you should destroy it without copying,
disclosing or otherwise using its contents.  Please notify the sender
immediately of the error.

Internet communications are not necessarily secure and may be intercepted or
changed after they are sent.  Abbey National Treasury Services plc does not
accept liability for any loss you may suffer as a result of interception or
any liability for such changes.  If you wish to confirm the origin or
content of this communication, please contact the sender by using an
alternative means of communication.

This communication does not create or modify any contract and, unless
otherwise stated, is not intended to be contractually binding.

Abbey National Treasury Services plc. Registered Office:  Abbey National
House, 2 Triton Square, Regents Place, London NW1 3AN.  Registered in
England under Company Registration Number: 2338548.  Regulated by the
Financial Services Authority (FSA).