struts-user mailing list archives

From "Neethiraj, Selvamohan" <neethir...@TEOCO.com>
Subject RE: Two ActionForms in one action
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 20:30:26 GMT
If I understand your question correctly,  you want to set a FIXED value for an attribute in
the FORM that is invoked by your next ACTION.
Why can't you set this FORM2() object in your request by doing the following in your Action
associated with the first FORM:

	FORM2  lNewFormTwo = new FORM2() ;
	lNewFormTwo.setAttribute(Value) ;    # This is your method in FORM2 Object
	request.setAttribute("FORM2", lNewFormTwo) ;

Then, the next view (JSP)  that takes the value from this Object  and place it as a Hidden
variable or a Read-Only variable using the following code:

	<%
		FORM2  lForm = request.getAttribute("FORM2") ;
		If (  lForm != null )
		{
	%>
		<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="Attribute"  VALUE="<%= lForm.getAttribute() %>">
	<%
		}
	%>

This way,  you are passing value to the next View and then, it gets passed to the Next action
when the next view SUBMITS its form.

Selva-