struts-user mailing list archives

From "nathan phillips" <natha...@hotmail.com>
Subject Use of Iterator tag
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:32:44 GMT

Hello all,

I'm new to Struts and attempting to make use of the iterator tag.  I have a
couple questions that I'm hoping some kind individual can help me answer in
regards to the iterator tag.  I have a bean with a method named "iterator"
that returns an iterator.

If I do this it tells me I have no getter for my method iterator, which of
course is true.
<logic:iterate name="testbean" property="iterator" id="test">

So how do I make it work.  I see that there is a collection attribute that
might work but I'm unsure of how exactly to make use of it.  I was thinking
something along the lines of:
<logic:iterate name="testbean" collection=<%=testbean.iterator()%>
id="test">

Of course that doesn't work though.

My second question is how would do I write out a property for the radio tag
within a iterator tag.  I'm attempting the following with no success.  It
tells me "test" is out of scope however the same bean:write works fine
outside of the radio tag.

<logic:iterate name="testbean" property="iterator" id="test">
property="id"/>"
</logic:iterate>

Any help in solving these mysteries for me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.