struts-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Hess" <gh...@wrappedapps.com>
Subject Cannot specify multiple log files with CommonsLogging/Log4j
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:36:47 GMT
Hi All,

I am deploying multiple instances of the same web app in the same web
container Resin2.1.2. I would like to have each web application use a unique
log file to simplify bug tracking. I am specifying the
log4j.appender.rolling.File=logs/appinstance1701794474_65.log with a new log
file for each deployed app.

I had expected when each new app is initialized it would initialize its
logging implementation through Commons.logging and

private static final Log m_log = LogFactory.getLog(SQLManager.class);

Would return the logging implementation for this web app. What happens is
that I receive a org.apache.commons.logging.Log but it uses the log file of
the first initialized web app.

I didn't think this was possible as each web app runs in its own VM and
LogFactory.getLog(SQLManager.class) could only return instantiated Log
implementation for the given web app.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks for your time,

Greg