struts-user mailing list archives

From "Phase Web and Multimedia" <m...@phase.ws>
Subject RE: Struts Community is going crazy! :-))
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 04:09:53 GMT
Ted,

I totally dig your catalog and i have been examining Artimus. Stellar piece
of work btw. I would love to receive more clarity towards which classes are
best extended for what functions. For example, there are things that i can
do in an Action class that can also be done in a RequestProcessor. But for
portability, plugability and efficiency which is the best to extend for
what. Also, it would be good to list which classes are made to be extended.
There are four main ones that I can think of off the top of my head...
RequestProcessor, Form, Action and ActionServlet.

I would be totally willing to provide some pattern docs, but i am afraid my
design patterns would be weak in comparison to what you have assembled in
catalog. I would also be totally willing to receive various design patterns
from people out there that are using struts and assemble them into xml. It
would both educate me and give me an opportunity to give back to a project
that has provided so much. Anyways, where do i sign-up and what are the
qualifications?

Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia
P (406) 862-2245