struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tarun Sainanee" <tar...@delhi.tcs.co.in>
Subject Re: cannot resolve symbol from bean / radio button value iteration problem
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:31:25 GMT
I had the exact same problem a couple of weeks back and it still stays.
Regards,
Tarun Sainanee
TCS Delhi
Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain
always cool and
unruffled under all circumstances.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Austin Lowry <austin.lowry@fedex.com>
08/14/2002 08:32 PM

        To:     struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        cannot resolve symbol from bean / radio button value iteration problem

What I am attempting to accomplish is to display a list of radio buttons
based on entity objects I have stored in a vector. Creating the buttons
and the desired text is not a problem, but assigning a value to each of
the buttons created so that I can determine which of my entities was
selected is.

I decided to use a value from the entities as the key to the selected
radio button, but I am having difficulty setting the value parameter in
the radio tag. Here is my code:

<logic:iterate id="cer" name="cers">
             value="<%= ((CER)cer).getTrackingNbr()%>"/>
Ship Date: <bean:write name="cer" property="destLocCd" />
</logic:iterate/>

The error message I recieve tells me that the variable cer whos
getTrackingNbr I am attempting to execute cannot be resolved.

Is there somthing I need to do to make the variable cer available, or am
I just going about this the wrong way.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

~Austin Lowry