struts-user mailing list archives

From Gilles.Vanda...@smals-mvm.be
Subject focus on a radio button causes a javascript exception
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:25:30 GMT
if I use a tag ...<html:form action="/FieldList" focus="
<%=sFirstFocusedField%>">... for a variable sFirstFocusedField who can be
the name of any generated input field of my html form;
the javascript  exception:"
document.forms.FieldListForm.elements.field4.focus is not a
function" happend when sFirstFocusedField is the name of a radiobutton.
I think that it can't go trough because the same name is used for any radio
of the same group.
The focus attribute need The name of the field to receive focus. So... any
idea to go trough? (or did I mistaken?)

Gilles Vandaele