struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tim T. Young" <Young_Ti...@cat.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Thread Topic Identification (was [BS] Are we gettingo ff the topic)
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:04:33 GMT

My fear with another list is that good information will be available in
both, and I will have to process 300+ emails a day (2 lists x 150 a list).

Tim

                    Cliff Rowley

                    <cliff@onsea.

                    net>

                    08/29/2002

                    Please        cc:

                    respond to

                    "Struts Users

                    Mailing List"

                                         Subject:     Re: [Proposal] Thread Topic Identification
(was [BS] Are we gettingo ff the topic)

Caterpillar: Confidential Green          Retain Until: 09/28/2002
                                         Retention Category:  G90 -
                                         Information and Reports

It's a good idea, but in practice I think it's going to be a hassle,
especially if this list grows.  Those who are filtering will have to go
through the rigmarole of setting them up again should they have to
reinstall their client.  And new users will also have to start
filtering, and I can foresee lots of posts in the future informing
people of the use of filters etc.

I think it would be a whole lot less hassle to keep a core struts
mailing list, and move off-topic discussions to another list -
'struts-related' or something.  It doesn't seem fair to force those not
interested in the other stuff to take measures to filter it when they're
not even a part of it in the first place :)

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 14:40, Michael Lee wrote:
> I think a filter is good...the best filter being [OT]
> My 5 c
> add...
> [APPSVR-WLS]
> [APPSVR-JBOSS]
> [WEBSVR-TOMCAT]
> [WEBSVR-JRUN]
> etc...
> Michael Lee

that
> we
> > belong to.
> >
> > James List:
> >
> > [DynaForms]
> > [Validator]
> > [Logging]
> > [DTD]
> > [EJB]
> > [i18n]
> > [IDE] - maybe include the name of the IDE?  i.e [IDE-JBuilder]
> > [JSTL]
> > [Modules] or [Sub-Apps]
> > [Struts-Example]
> > [Tiles]
> > [SOAP]
> > [Taglib]
> > [UML]
> >
> > I would like to add
> >
> > [Struts-Config]
> > [Tiles-Config]
> > [Validator-Config]
> >
> > etc.
> >
> > or is this getting to fine-grained?
> >

> > Jerry Jalenak
> > Development Manager, Web Publishing
> > LabOne, Inc.
> > 10101 Renner Blvd.
> > Lenexa, KS  66219
> > (913) 577-1496
> > jerry.jalenak@labone.com
> >

> > This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be
confidential
> and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it
> is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
> responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be
> advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any
use,
> dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please
> immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.
> >

> > --
> For additional commands, e-mail: <

Regards

For additional commands, e-mail: <