struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas" <andr...@paleden.com>
Subject RE: Question about App Name and url-pattern servlet-mapping
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:42:01 GMT
Thanks for the reply Troy.

That takes care of the "appname" but does not give me the
"servletmappingurlpattern".

The "servletmappingurlpattern" information is configured in the web.xml
file and is specified within the <servlet-mapping> tag that follows the
<servlet> tag which defines the struts control servlet.  In my case the
<servlet-mapping> tag appears as follows

    <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/servletmappingurlpattern/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

If I recall correctly this is only one of two options for how to
determine which url-patterns can be mapped to the struts action servlet.
The other would be

    <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/*.do</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

I am not dealing with the latter case only the former.  Does anyone know
how the information in the <servlet-mapping> tag can be retrieved from
within an Action class using standard api's.  I am starting to believe
that this would not be a struts api, but rather a servlet configuration
api of some sort.

Any help appreciated.
Andreas